Quite a combo, but, yes, those two subjects
have been pretty important in my workweek.
evening our Day Camps Spring Coffeehouse will take place over at Isaiah 40 so I
thought I would get a head start on the blog post for tomorrow and then be able
to add some photos from tonight’s proceedings before this gets published.
 Tomorrow I need to mow the lawns for the first
time, make a big batch of caramel popcorn for Sunday’s – All Ages “Ascension
Celebration!” and start baking bread for the Team Retreat Week, so this is a
small space of tranquillity in which to begin writing.
  I have had an unusual week because, on Monday
I was stricken with food poisoning, and, well, as you can imagine, it has not
been the most pleasant experience, just don’t mention the word “fish” to me for
a long time!!!
  But, living alone with my furries, I’ve had
to keep pushing along. One of my friends has also just left for two weeks in
the UK so I’m also responsible for looking after her house and two cats, no
peace for the wicked!
    Between lying around groaning I have worked
on sending out a notice about a Toronto Region Kick-off Event for Day Camps,
which Brenda has agreed to lead.
have also been more host church applications arriving and those require that acceptance
packages of documents be assembled and emailed out.
   Then there is the undercurrent to every day
– BADGERING the code word for “hunting for Team Members”. Sadly nothing much to
report on this front; a slight nibble, again, from the UK, text messages
pleading former Team Members to return, emails into the void…the usual. And,
along with lying around groaning, plenty of time to pray for the urgent need to
break through whatever barrier is stopping those applications from appearing.

    With more lovely hot “summery” weather I
also spent one afternoon on a very wobbly ladder, painting the top panel of the
garage door, after first pulling away a huge tangle of dead vines, which had
succumbed due to all the brick work done last year. Then another day I stained
the side porch floor and today a major task –the annual WIL BATH!!!  He was extremely well behaved and the whole
process ran smoothly, the dear soul has known that I was ill all week and has
been so good, he seemed to know that I was not up for chasing him around the
deck and stood stoically as buckets of warm water were tossed over him,
shampooed applied, more water to rinse, a good shake and then towelling dry. I
now have a BEAUTIFUL, shiny, fluffy, sweet-smelling Labrador.

Oh dear, the cat
will have to be done next!!!!

  The other large piece of planning has been
for Sunday, the monthly All Ages Gathering themed- “Ascension Celebration”- more
on this after the fact.
  So tomorrow, I hope to add a bit about the
Coffeehouse, meanwhile, here is the recipe for one of the cold drinks we will
be serving this evening.
  The thought of typing out a “food” recipe
this week is truly beyond me, however, recently with the warmer weather, and a
number of large gatherings of thirsty young people, I have been churning out
gallons of Mint Limeade and it has proven to be a big hit.

1 cup
1 cup
2 mint
teabags OR ½ cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup
lime juice
litres carbonated Mineral Water
the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until
the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the teabags or fresh mint, remove from
the heat, cover and allow to steep until cool. Strain the mixture into a large
pitcher or punch bowl. Stir in the limejuice and chill thoroughly. Just before
serving add the mineral water.
approx. 10 servings, easily multiplied
And the
 We had a very pleasant evening. People brought
some lovely baked goods, the entertainment was stellar, ranging from serious
poetry reading to amusing song parodies. Jessica was a super MC, Angela
organised, Sarah coordinated the food and the reliable AJ provided
professional Sound. It was also a long and tiring evening, but at the end it
was heartening to see people roll up their sleeves and help set up the room for
a Parenting Course. Others washed and dried the dishes and still others carried
all AJ’s equipment out to his van. I was home at 10pm and in bed about 10 minutes later!

   Here are some of my very poor quality
photos. Jillian took the “professional” ones and we will get them up on this
blog ASAP. Jillian and Janice had also written a super song about joining
Travelling Team. We are going to see if they can do a video and we will put it
up here and/or on our YouTube Channel!!